[loginf] 2nd WATA 2014 announcement

Manfred Droste droste at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Wed Feb 26 14:54:54 CET 2014

Apologies for multiple copies of this email

Second Announcement and Call for Submissions

7th International Workshop
Weighted Automata: Theory and Applications
WATA 2014

May 5-9, 2014, Leipzig, Germany

http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~weidner/wata2014/

The workshop should cover all aspects of weighted automata,
ranging from the theory of quantitative automata and logics to
applications for real-time systems and natural language processing.
The aim is to present tutorials and survey lectures by outstanding
scientists in this area. Moreover, we encourage everybody to
participate in this workshop and to present their own technical
contribution in this area.

We are happy to announce the following tutorials and survey lectures:

Tutorials

         Colin de la Higuera (Nantes)
         Jacques Sakarovitch (Paris)

Survey lectures

         Laurent Doyen (Cachan)
         Zoltán Ésik (Szeged)
         Zoltán Fülöp (Szeged)
         Paul Gastin (Cachan)
         Ricard Gavaldà (Barcelona)
         Kim G. Larsen (Aalborg)
         Andreas Maletti (Stuttgart)
         James Worrell (Oxford)

Call for Participation

Interested participants are most welcome. If you wish to present a
technical contribution, please send us an abstract (preferably of at
most one page) until March 7. Authors will be informed about acceptance
of their submission before March 22, 2014.

Registration and financial support

Interested participants are most welcome. There is no registration fee.
In order to register, please send your name, affiliation, e-mail,
intended length of participation until April 4 to

droste at informatik.uni-leipzig.de

and state if you want to participate in the conference dinner
(not free) or not.

There are limited resources to partially compensate the travel expenses
of participating Ph.D. students and young scientists. Please, contact
Manfred Droste until March 7, 2014 such that we can make a fair
decision.

Call for Papers

There will be a special issue of Soft Computing (Springer) on
"Quantitative Models and Weighted Automata: Theory and Applications".
Participation in WATA 2014 is encouraged, but is not a prerequisite for
a submission. The deadline for submission will be after WATA 2014.
Details will follow.

Important Dates

submission of abstracts     March  7, 2014
application for financial support  March 7, 2014
notification of acceptance  March 22, 2014
registration  April 4, 2014
workshop      May 5-9, 2014

Accommodation

We have pre-reserved for WATA participants a limited number of hotel
rooms for special prices until a certain date; first come, first serve.
Because of fairs in Leipzig, we recommend that you book early.

Further information:
http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~weidner/wata2014/

In the appendix you can find this announcement as a poster.
We would be thankful if you could distribute it in your group
or to interested colleagues.

It would be very nice if we could welcome you in Leipzig!

Organizers

Manfred Droste (Universität Leipzig)
Heiko Vogler (Technische Universität Dresden)