[loginf] 2+3 year post-doc position in theoretical computer science
at University of Kassel, Germany
martin.lange at uni-kassel.de
Mon Sep 20 11:36:05 CEST 2010
*** apologies for multiple copies ***
The Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the
Kassel, Germany, announces an open full-time post-doc position in the
"Theoretical Computer Science / Formal Methods and Verification" (Prof.
The position is funded via the ERC project "Model Checking Unleashed",
and is - subject
to the final agreement between the ERC and the University of Kassel -
initially available for
2 years starting December 2010 with the possibility for an extension of
3 more years.
It is paid according to the financially attractive pay scale TV-H
EG14(!) - the equivalent of
the former BAT Ib. This is one scale above the ordinary scale EG13 for
The project will investigate non-standard applications of model checking
in various areas of computer science and related subjects.
The successful candidate
- must possess a PhD in computer science or related areas, or be very
close to completion;
- must have a good background in theoretical computer science with
expertise in either
computational logic or model checking;
- should be able to carry out research tasks independently and within a
- should be interested in inter-disciplinary research involving
- will be required to carry out parts of the research plan for the
project, bring in ideas
of their own, help to select and supervise more junior team members,
Knowledge of the German language is not a requirement for this position,
and the posts
comes without teaching obligations.
Informal inquiries are welcome and should be directed to Martin Lange via
"martin <dot> lange <at> uni <minus> kassel <dot> de" or +49/0 561 804 6261.
- clearly state the reference number 14730,
- contain a CV, a statement explaining the candidate's research
interests, and contact details of
people who would be able to provide letters of recommendation,
- be directed to "Präsident der Universität Kassel, 34109 Kassel,
Germany" or electronically to
pvabt3 at uni-kassel.de.
Deadline for applications: October 15th, 2010
Official job announcement (in German):
More information about the loginf